Yesterday was quite a day
1. Mr. S and I picked out a real tree together. Of course, I wanted the 12 ft one. He turned to me and said, “You do know that the walls are only 8 ft, right?” So, he talked me into a table tree. His excuse was that June would probably eat the tree. I said, “Fine, but next year we’re getting a normal sized one instead of another midget sized.”
2. Along with getting a tree, I picked out a wreath for my place. The thing was surprisingly really heavy. So, we had to make a trip to Target to get a wreath hanger. We got a short towel hanger instead so that other things could be hung from it and not just something Christmas-ish. It wouldn’t fit the front door, though, because the hanger was too small. I put it over the coat closet instead.
3. I broke out with The Nutcracher Suite on vinyl yesterday. It brought back all the wonderful memories of seeing The Nutcracker last year for the first time at The Fox Theater. I still remember it so well. Needless to say, the play was going on in my head while I was listening to the music.
4. Later that night, we watched the best Christmas movie ever - ELF. I don’t know why I thought I’d actually stay awake for it. I knocked out 30 minutes into it. Ugh, it never fails. Everytime I do that it reminds me of how Grandma would tell me she’d pass out in the movie theaters with Grandpa.
5. I’m finally becoming myself again, and possibly an even happier version. Being with someone who’s up for doing everything that I want to really makes all the difference in the world for me. I mean, Friday night we went to a pub two blocks away and just sat and talked about everything that’s been going on, how great being with one another has been, and the first time we met. Best of all it was just the two of us. We didn’t have to be in a massive group to be out and enjoy one another. I’m telling you, it’s the little things like that that make me happy.